Apple cider vinegar has some amazing health benefits including: reducing bad cholesterol, regulating blood pressure & improving bowel movement regularity among many others.
Good Girl Moonshine Recipe
This is an amazing recipe that I found. Whether trying to find a healthy alternative to energy drink or sports drink, good girl moonshine will do wonders for you. Personally, I like to take some along to the gym with me as a natural alternative to sports drinks. I feel good when I drink it …and it tastes awesome! Now for that recipe:
I like to use a quart sized canning jar. You can use whatever you have, just know that this recipe is for a quart. I’ve personalized this recipe with the addition of a few optional ingredients that I add. You can experiment with yours to taste.
- Fill quart jar/cup with 1/2 cup of warm water (microwave for about 3o seconds) and add 2 teaspoons of raw honey. Stir until the honey dissolves.
Helpful Hint⇒ At this point I add some ice cubes to cool the mixture down before adding the apple cider vinegar so it maintains its potency
- Add 2 tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar (I like to use Braggs, it works better than any others I have tried – I’ll get into why in the reviews section later)
- A little lemon juice to taste optional (to add some extra antioxidant properties)
- A dash of cayenne pepper optional (good if your fighting off that cold or flu, don’t add too much though!)
- Add 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Add 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Add pinch of sea salt (alternatively I prefer to use Himalayan salt because of its electrolytes and trace minerals)
- Put on lid & shake fill 1/2 with ice and the rest with cold water… enjoy all day!
Great Health Benefits!
So to break down the ingredients and their health benefits:
Cinnamon & Honey – A great combo!
- Cinnamon improves circulation and is a warming spice
- Raw honey combined with cinnamon has been shown to improve peoples mental alertness, and increase the metabolism
- Eases digestion and prevents gas!
- Increases the immune systems ability to ward off colds and flu’s
Ginger – A breath of fresh air
- Helps reduce bad breath
- Strengthens the immune system
- Stops heartburn, relieves bloating, cramps & gas
- Helps maintain glucose levels
- An aid in the prevention of morning sickness
Apple cider vinegar – An Alkaline vinegar??
- Apple cider vinegar is very rich in Ash which is why its alkaline. It helps your body be more alkaline than acidic, this is especially important if you are drinking coffee or wine regularly.
- It also contains a high amount of malic acid which gives it its anti-fungal, anti-viral, and anti-bacterial properties.
- Helps to clear up skin conditions and blemishes.
- Potassium rich, this is important as a lot of us are lacking in this key nutrient. Your body needs a adequate supply of potassium to transmit nerve impulses, regulate heart activity, and much more.
I hope that this information has helped you in some way. If have time, I would love to hear your thoughts/questions on apple cider vinegar or any of the other content here. Please leave a comment below!